Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Green with Envy

Like I said I was in the market for a new graphics card. Why? Well my old 7300GS was giving up the ghost or rather screaming like a banshee. The bearings in the GPU fan had gone out. Eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkeeeeeeekkkk. Oh man that hurt my ears. Fortunately, I went on EBay a couple of days before this problem started and picked up a 8800GTS OC 320Mb. Pant, pant, pant. It was a choice between that and two 8600GT's in SLI. Again I wanted the best and hoped I could pick up another 8800 and run SLI later. So, I purchased it online. $300. That was more money than anybody in our house had ever spent on a "frivolous" piece of hardware. So, until it came, everyday in my living room that stupid fan kept screeching. It drove my family nuts. My dad finally got fed up enough to ask me to shut off my computer. I told him he just needed to wait till my new graphics card came. That made him happy.

8800GTS

When the card arrived, I was all agoggle over it. There was just a small snag. It wouldn't fit in my tool-less rear PCI slot. Uhoh. But, the trouble shooter in me came out and fixed the problem with ease. Whew. Ever since then I have had fun with this system and taken it as far as I could go with stock. Oh no!! The Urge!! The urge to..to..DO MORE!! Aargghhhh!!!!

No comments: